Interest Free Payments with HSBC
What is HSBC up to 60 months interest free options?
Up to 60 Months Interest Free* with HSBC Visa Credit Card makes buying the products you desire easy. Interest Free* options provide you a choice of minimum monthly repayment, deferred repayment or both gives you great flexibility.
Features of Visa HSBC Credit Card
- Interest-free* and interest-free* payment-deferred promotional purchases at Ambiance (reverts back to a variable cash advance rate of 25.99% p.a.)
- $79 annual fee.
- For purchases from $500 to $50,000.
- No early repayment fees on your promotional purchase.
- Worldwide acceptance at over 24 million Visa retailers.
- Cash withdrawals at over 800,00 ATMs worldwide
Applying for interest free payments
Applying is easy. Simple click on the button that matches your term below and complete the HSBC credit card application. Our response will immediately be displayed on-screen and emailed to you.
If you’re approved, all you need to do is take your response, your application and Photo ID in to your nearest Ambiance store.
Finance is not available to applicants that cannot attend an Ambiance store to complete their purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
Interest-free* means you will not pay any interest on the promotional purchase you made with Ambiance during the promotional period. You will be required to pay the minimum monthly repayments as you would with any standard credit card purchase. Other transactions made with your credit card will incur interest charges. Upon expiry of your interest free* period, any remaining balance will revert back to a variable cash advance rate of 25.99% p.a.
As well as having the advantage of not being charged any interest on your promotional purchase for the specified promotional period, you don’t need to make any repayments towards that purchase for the deferred period of the promotional purchase. Some retailers call this, ‘Buy now, Pay later.’ Payments will be required once the payment deferred term has expired. Other transactions including fees and charges will require the minimum monthly repayment amount set out in your credit card statement.
Yes, you can use your card to make additional interest-free* purchases in-store up to your available credit limit. Simply bring your HSBC Visa card in-store and ask the attendant to process an ‘Add-on.’
Unless your payments are deferred, the minimum monthly repayment is the higher of $20 or 3% of the outstanding balance at the time of your credit card statement is issued. You must pay at least the minimum repayment set out in each statement on or before the due date. This is the date HSBC should receive your payment, not the date on which you make the payment. You should allow sufficient time for payments to be received and processed by us before the due date.
Interest Free reverts back to a variable cash advance rate of 25.99% p.a.
($79 Annual Fee, Minimum Purchase Amounts Apply)
* Interest free finance is applied only to promotional transactions for the specified period. Balances outstanding at the end of the promotional period will form part of the normal account balances and will accrue interest at the cash advance rate applicable at the time, which is 25.99%p.a, current as at 16/12/2015 and is subject to change. Monthly repayments are required and calculated at 3% of the outstanding balance or $20, whichever is higher. Lending criteria, terms and conditions, fees, and charges apply and are available on application. Minimum purchase amounts apply. Credit provided by HSBC Bank Australia Limited ABN 48 006 434 162. Australian Credit Licence 232595
Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited ABN 48 006 434 162 Australian Credit Licence No. 232595 (“HSBC”) and HSBC is the credit provider. Lending criteria, fees, charges and interest rates apply. Terms and conditions apply.